The Cyber Essentials scheme has been developed by Government and industry to fulfil two functions.
- It provides a clear statement of the basic controls all organisations should implement to mitigate the risk from common internet based threats, within the context of the Government’s 10 Steps to Cyber Security.
- And through the Assurance Framework it offers a mechanism for organisations to demonstrate to customers, investors, insurers and others that they have taken these essential precautions.
- Cyber Essentials Scheme: Summary
- Cyber Essentials concentrates on five key controls :
- Boundary firewalls and internet gateways
- Secure configuration
- Access control
- Malware protection
- Patch management
- The two levels of certification, Cyber Essentials, and Cyber Essentials Plus are set out:
- Cyber Essentials certification is awarded on the basis of a verified self-assessment.
- CyberEssentials Plus offers a higher level of assurance through the external testing of the organisation’s cyber security approach.
- Cyber Essentials Scheme: Requirements for basic technical protection from cyber attacks
- Cyber Essentials Scheme: Assurance Framework
- Cyber security guidance for business
- Cyber Essentials Implementation Guide
- List of Cyber Essentials certified companies through CREST
- Self assessment questions
- Cyber Security Challenge UK
- The Cyber Security Challenge is a series of national competitions, learning programmes, and networking initiatives designed to identify, inspire and enable more EU citizens resident in the UK to become cyber security professionals.