LTE specifications are maintained by 3GPP. For a quick start, luckily Master Telecom Faster contains good (and free) material for refreshing your LTE knowledge. And is referred from 3GPP tutorial page as well.
Worth to have a look at:
Definition of LTE at 3GPP:
- LTE or the E-UTRAN (Evolved Universal Terrestrial Access Network) is the access part of the Evolved Packet System (EPS).
- LTE R8 system overview (8 min video)
- LTE Protocols – Control Plane and User Plane
- select protocol like NAS (between UE and MME), and you will get a brief overview video.
R8 dedicated pages
The same information is available also at Master LTE Faster site.
The links to free pages (videos, links) at that site are:
- For the terms UE, MME etc. and their meaning, it is worth to look also Evolved Packet Core page at 3GPP
- Earlier blog LTE deployment maps, and some links
- LTE R8 Specifications at Master Telecom Faster
- Similar information is available at LTEWorld site
- 3G vs. 4G Wireless – What is the Difference? (8 min video from www.3gpplive.org, but also on youtube)
- youtube search with “LTE explained” or “LTE architecture“