The latest Global Risks Report 2015 by World Economic Forum is available . The report is based on an annual Global Risks Perception Survey. This is in interesting report and can be usefull when comparing different risks and when trying to form a bigger overall picture of future risks.
Figure 1 presents a impact-likehood chart with various risks, which have been categorized into:
The following Technological risks are included:
- Breakdown of critical information infrastructure and networks
- Systemic failures of critical information infrastructure (e.g. Internet, satellites, etc.) and networks negatively impact industrial production, public services and communications
- Large-scale cyber attacks
- State-sponsored, state-affiliated, criminal or terrorist large-scale cyber attacks cause an infrastructure breakdown and/or loss of trust in the Internet
- Massive incident of data fraud/theft
- Criminal or state-sponsored wrongful exploitation of private or official data takes place on an unprecedented scale
- Massive and widespread misuse of technologies (e.g. 3D printing, artificial intelligence, geo-engineering, synthetic biology, etc.)
- Massive and widespread misuse of technologies, such as 3D printing, artificial intelligence, geo-engineering and synthetic biology, causing human, environmental and economic damage
In part 2, there are more discussion on emerging technologies like synthetic biology and artificial intelligence.