Verizon’s Payment Card Industry Compliance Report 2011 is available. It is good material to look if one wishes to have a view on PCI status.
This report analyzes findings from actual Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS) assessments conducted by Verizon’s team of Qualified Security Assessors (QSAs).
- Verizon 2011 Payment Card Industry Compliance Report
- Podcast (8 min audio)
- Webcast (30 min video)
- While the compliance situation has neither worsened nor improved, it is still “disappointing.”
- Lack of PCI compliance continues to be linked to data breaches.
- Organizations struggle with key PCI requirements.
- Failure to prioritize compliance efforts often means high-risk security threats are ignored.
- PCI standard offers protection against the most common attack methods.